Each of our friends has a different reason for becoming involved. In the words of Ray Oglethorpe, retired President of AOL and Vero Beach resident, “If it weren’t for a strong education, I would be working in the coal mines. I worry about the future for my children and grandchildren, but have hope because of innovative programs like The Learning Alliance.”
What inspires your passion? Is it…
· Knowing someone who has struggled with learning?
· Seeing the smile on a child’s face when they learn something they thought was impossible?
· A belief that teachers can transform children’s lives if given the right tools and opportunity?
· A desire to create a future for Indian River County that is vibrant and economically successful?
· Helping needy children earn a key to the American Dream?
· Stopping the trend of dependence and victimization afflicting our country?
· A belief that the entrepreneurialism that made our country great can be harnessed to fix our educational system.
If you said yes to any of the above, there are many ways that you can become involved:
· “Like” The Learning Alliance on Facebook! Join our group to keep current on our most recent events and accomplishments.
· Observe our teachers in action! See for yourself the powerful progress The Learning Alliance is making in the lives of teachers and students.
· Become trained as a volunteer tutor! Use your talent to inspire children struggling to read.
· Connect us! Introduce us to your friends, colleagues or educational experts, either locally and nationally.
· Spread the word! Host a gathering to help us share our excitement and build our team.
· Invest in The Learning Alliance! Help us reach our $2 million goal. Gifts, both large and small, are used to provide educators and students with best practices in teaching and learning.